Photoshop lesson 3

As we are moving on from the initial thumb-nailing stage we where taught more about color and composition in this lesson. This is for the final set of thumbnails and the final pieces themselves. I briefly know about color theory but have nether been taught it so this was useful for me, composition on the other hand has never been shown to me so I found that part quite enlightening. After wards we had to do a color study on a landscape artists where the goal is to recreate the colors of a landscape painting as accurately as possible. Which brings us to the a both image where I was truing to recreate the colors for the painting Nocturne: blue and silver-Chelsea by James Abbott Mcneill Whistler. I picked this one because I like how the reflection of the buildings could be seen in the water. This exercise was more about finding the right colors than accuracy which is why I wasn't too concerned with the proportions. For the most part I think the colors are pretty close to the original and that may be the most realistic water I have ever painted which shows to me the reflection is important.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlie Whiffing OGR for what if metropolis project (25/11/2019)

Character Design workshop 1